The Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”) has come into effect, and requires your information to be protected. ATS Network Management is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is protected.
- Privacy Principles.
- What information ATS collects and why we collect it.
- How ATS uses, discloses and protects that information.
- Fairness We collect and process personal data fairly and in accordance with applicable law.
- Legitimacy We only use personal data for specified and legitimate purposes as allowed by applicable law.
- Relevance We collect only the minimum amount of personal data required to fulfil the purpose and will not collect irrelevant or excessive amounts of data.
- Accuracy We take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Retention We comply with applicable laws regarding how long personal data should be retained.
- Individual’s Rights We comply with applicable laws regarding a data subject’s rights, such as the right of access and correction.
- Protection We comply with applicable laws regarding data security standards to ensure personal data is adequately protected.
- Cross-border transfers
We only transfer personal data across national borders in compliance with applicable laws.
What Information Does This Policy Apply To?
This policy applies to personal information collected by ATS in connection with the services that we offer.
ATS collects, stores and processes personal information (including special personal information) about you that may be used in connection with the management of your account with us, or the delivery of services or goods.
Reasons for the collection of Personal Information
ATS may collect, process and use your personal information for, including but not limited to:
- Carrying out and managing its business operations;
- Servicing your account and/or managing our relationship with you;
- Providing benefits and services to customers and vendors;
- Confirming and verifying identity for security purposes;
- Making payments and confirming that payments are made to the correct beneficiaries;
- Assessing and processing instructions, queries and requests received;
- Identifying and confirming authorized third parties;
- Updating records with the correct and current information in order to keep in contact;
- Auditing, reporting and record keeping purposes;
- Archiving emails for disaster recovery purposes;
- Legal reporting obligations;
- Any related purpose/s; and/or
- Any other legitimate business interests.
The personal information that will be collected and processed about you from time to time may include but is not limited to the following:
- Name and surname;
- Identity number;
- Company details and registration/VAT number;
- Contact Information;
- Banking details.
- In some instances, ATS may send your personal information to an authorized third party to verify your information, for example checking your credit limit with a credit bureau.
- ATS will endeavour to only supply your information to third parties who will exercise the necessary protections over your information.
- We may share your personal information across our Group companies as necessary.
- Your personal information may be stored for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected or such longer periods as may be required from time to time.
- Your personal information may be transferred to locations outside of South Africa and may reside outside of South Africa from time to time.
- ATS will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ATS, if they have reason to believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ATS, it clients or the public as required or permitted by law.
- ATS will take all reasonable safety measures to protect your personal information.
- Access to your personal information is restricted. Access to your personal information is only permitted to ATS employees in order to carry out their duties or to authorized third parties who are subject to the laws that require them to protect your personal information.